Sunday, March 1, 2009

February in Fayetteville

Most of my "faithful readers" know that I spent most of the month of February in Fayetteville helping out at the Fink home after sweet cousin Stacey's surgery. I am happy to report that is behind her and she is progressing nicely. Many thanks to all of you for the past prayers and please keep them going until she gets the rest of this journey completed. Then, we will truly be saying prayers of thanksgiving...


Lydia making her Valentine box - recognize the red hair on her girl?

The cutest Annie Oakley ever!

But while in Fayetteville, I was reintroduced to the multi-tasking duties that every mother has to learn, or in this case, re-learn. It has been a few years since I have had to perform the likes of making Valentine boxes, doing endless homework, calling out spelling words. AND the biggest project while I was there, the second grade Biography report, complete with tri-fold board and costume. Who are they kidding? We decided it was just a task to see who the creative parents were :) They'll use it to their benefit at some later time, I'm guessing ! All b*tching aside, it was rewarding to see the end results of all of our hard work when Annie Oakley appeared on the morning of her presentation. She looked adorable and her teacher told her that she gave an excellent presentation. We're all just waiting to see what grade she (we?) earned. It had better be a good one!


Davidson and Lilly at Wilson Park

Lilly and "Uncle" Jim

Jim and I were out on errands one day while he was there and caught up with our Landers kids at Wilson Park. The weather was sunny but a little brisk. They were out enjoying the sunshine -- I believe that Momma was just tiring them out before naptime. Go, Laura!


Lydia and Mitchell

Ellen (and just a few of her antics:)

It''s good to be home but I miss the little munchkins -- all of them!

P.S. I just talked to Stacey tonight and WE GOT AN E on the Annie Oakley project! She said the Biography Tea tonight was a big success and that Lydia knew her material very well. Yea, Lydia!

0 comments: