Wednesday, December 31, 2008

IT"S OFFICIAL!!!

Today is OFFICIALLY my last day of work (and I'm not going to be there! I will be helping Jim in the store today for NYE - our final "harvest" of the season) . I cannot believe that it is finally here -- I have thought about it, and talked about it, and stewed about it, and prayed about it, and now, it's HERE! I think it will be a while before I really realize that I'm not in the workforce anymore. Jim and I have worked out a deal for me to help him in the store during the remainder of hunting season -- only part time, then a visit to Ohio for D's birthday, then spearheading a church retreat in Little Rock, and on and on and on...

Now, on to the projects that I have procrastinated about for years. I really, really want to get my photos in order, scrapbooking some, organizing others. That will definitely take some time but I think it will bring much joy (and probably a few tears) coupled with a huge sense of accomplishment. And I need to get my home office set up to be the most enjoyable place to work and blog and scrapbook and whatever I choose to do there!

I'm still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming! ( I must not be dreaming because I'm sure as heck not sleeping...again!)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

It's a good thing I love you so much sister-in-law or I'd hate you - LOL! Trying not to be jealous of your new retiree status - are you going to get one of those RETIRED license plates?! Seriously, I am SO thrilled you are able to do this - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! God willing, I'll be joining your ranks in about 3 years. Sending a great big hug, Sharon

elyag7 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know how you've been looking forward to this and how hard the last few years have been. I so glad it's finally here and can enjoy all the things you love...

Love you Sis, Gayle