Sunday, January 4, 2009

When did I have time to work?

This is the fourth official day of my retirement and I am beginning to wonder, "When did I have time to work?" I know, I know... there will be those of you that will think "well, she didn't work...much!" And it has been fairly true in the past three years, BUT I do remember the days when I was dragging a huge diaper bag, with two little ones in tow, AND being on the clock by 8:00! Those were the days! I miss the little ones, but not that schedule.

Jim says now that I'm retired I don't have to have a schedule. Rhonda told me to remind him that I wasn't retiring from "life" -- just from my career. I realize that I don't have to do everything today, but I do have to have some sort of schedule or I will get nothing done. Case in point: need to organize my home office and get a jumpstart on tax work, clean out the fridge(it's pretty yukky!) and take down all of the Christmas decorations -- remember that I had 5 trees. What was I thinking? So, what have I been doing since the last day of the year? Weeellll, I worked at the liquor store until 11:30 p.m. on New Year's Eve -- we were too tired to pop a cork when we got home. On New Year's Day, I did go to Memphis with Ann for a little "sale retail therapy" and a nice lunch. On Friday, I opened the liquor store for Jim, so that he could enjoy his hunt and have breakfast with the guys. I FINALLY got out of the store at 2:30 p.m. -- nice ;) and on Saturday, I opened the store again -- then Jane and I went to Little Rock to visit my dear friend, Pam, whose mom is in the hospital and Pam is in from Florida. But the point is, I don't have a schedule but I am definitely busy. I'm sure I will settle into this new phase of my life soon, but right now, I seem to be very erratic.

I AM very excited about this new phase of my life, and all that it will bring, but
I still have to wonder, "When did I have time to work"?

1 comments:

elyag7 said...

You have always found time to do everything you wanted ~ even if it meant running late for some things...LOL! Love you Sis!