Monday, January 19, 2009

Where does the time go?

Another week has gone by and I have to ask, "Where does the time go?" I have always been the type that needed to have a schedule in order to get things done, and a LIST. I just love a list, where I can check things off as I accomplish each task. Well, lately I've had the list, but not much checking going on.

I went to Little Rock one day with Jackie to get fabric for her nursery. I worked in the store a couple of mornings, getting caught up on paperwork for Jim, I played with babies at Rhonda's, and I traveled to Little Rock for a retreat of the St. John's parishioners (where I was in charge of "catering" -- my friend Lori and I shopped at Sam's for the food for the weekend - nice choices and very tasty) Then, home again, and another week has slipped by.

I should be ashamed to say that my Christmas trees are still up, but anyone that really knows me knows that's not soooo unusual. I had planned to have the time to really go through my things, sort, purge, etc. and get them packed up just the way I wanted this year BUT again, it looks like, just get it done and into the boxes in some sort of way and we'll try again next year!

I leave next week for NWA to stay with Stacey's kiddos as she undergoes her surgery -- please send extra prayers her way. I know things are going to be fine but prayer never, ever hurts. And hopefully, baby Liam will arrive while I am in NWA.

So, I ask, does anyone else have trouble with time?

2 comments:

J said...

I do! I definitely have trouble getting things done! I always have big plans to get things done and it always seems like I barely get the laundry done and the week is over. It would probably help if I would turn off the computer!

Amy said...

Hi Ms. Phyllis! I also have trouble getting things done...and I can also relate with your question, "When did I have time to work?" I ask myself that question all the time now! I think there's actually less time in the day now that I'm staying home. :)